Thursday, September 11, 2008

Social Networking

I was really surprised by this concept of social networking. Even through the various technology staff development seminars at my work, I have never heard of this concept. I have heard of facebook and my space, but I was not aware that they could be considered "social networks," although it makes sense now. ning. com was a very interesting website that hosted countless numbers of social networks ranging from ninjas to education. I decided to search for networks dealing with foreign language teachers, and at first I was surprised to find that many are by invitation only. However, I did find one called "technoLanguages" and the group I visited is called "Collaborate language learning." This group is dedicated to sharing various projects and ideas across the different foreign languages. This is a great ambition because even though there are many different languages, we still learn them in similar ways.

Here is the link! http://technolanguages.ning.com/group/collaborativelanguagelearning

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

Nicole,
I hope that the network you chose turns out to be useful. Vicki Davis a blogger that I follow often bristles at the term "social network" for sites like Ning because she feels that "educational network" would be more appropriate, while social network would apply more to sites like MySpace and Facebook.
Dr. Burgos